Established in 1980, in collaboration with our local agent, Al-Ahed Trading & Contracting, our highly specialized servicing and maintenance teams are located in the Salwa Industrial Area, near Doha.
John Crane in Qatar, is a market leader & key supplier of mechanical seals and seal support systems, Couplings and filters.
Most of aftermarket support business in Qatar is covered under long term supply & repair service contracts, in place for many years, running successfully with highly-valued customers such as QP, Oryx GTL, Qatar Gas, Seef etc.
The services provided locally are:
• Dedicated service engineers
• Seal reconditioning and repair
• Root cause analysis
• Seal installation/commissioning
• Plant surveys and suggestion reports
• 24/7 service
The fully-equipped workshop, allows us deliver state-of-the-art services with a quick turnaround assuring In Country value.
Currently installed machines in the service center include:
• Turning, Milling, Drilling, and Grinding machines
• Hard Coating Facility
• Lapping & Polishing
• Assembly and Test (According to API 682)
• Bonded stock for contractual repair needs
• Grit blasting machine
• Ultrasonic cleaning machine
• Clean assembly room
Until very recently, all Dry-gas seals in Qatar, either John Crane’s dry gas seals or other manufacturers, have been shipped out of the country to get refurbished and rebuild as operating equipment’s.
Al-Ahed, in cooperation with John Crane Middel East, are set to develop a fully-equipped repair center, with the capability to accomplish all serves locally in Qatar
This a brief list of the services that our state-of-the-art service center will bring to Qatar,
We will be able to assess the failure of any type and size of gas seals in the market to:
• Provide the failure reports
• Perform Root Cause Analysis
• Provide design, and selection feedback
• Perform retrofit
• Upgrade the technologies, and out of date design
• Perform Health check
• Repair and rebuild all John Crane Dry Gas Seals
• Complete Refurbishment Testing of all Dry Gas Seals
• Perform RCFA studies on Seal Gas System issues faced by our Customers
Upgrade Products & Technology: Having the biggest size Gas Seal (350 mm) in Qatar, with our customer Qatar Gas. We work hand in hand with our customer to enhance their equipment performance through existing products and technologies.
Our Asset Management systems can deliver services to improve maintenance processes and increase asset efficiency, providing the systems and data needed to reduce maintenance costs and keep our customer and equipment safe.
Local Field services Support: Having a dedicated local Turbo Engineer based in Qatar, we provide quick and extensive site support for Gas Seals Change, Seal System issues, and offshore visits to our customers, reducing their downtime.
Training and Seminars: We conduct Gas Seals and Systems training for our customers in Qatar to enhance their skillset on John Crane products.